Tuesday, June 5, 2007

tHe MiSsInG sIsTeR




Well family I have finally returned to provo after about a month and a half spout of traveling literally all over the world!! First home to colorado to babysit scott and lisa's kids for a week. Then off to Cali to babysit BC and Boss, next off to the Phillipeans with Taz, Kendel, Jordan and friend in tow. After a week of doing hard manual labor service we spent a day on the beach and then a short 17 hours in Hong Kong, doing as much shopping damage possible:) I wish I could recount the trip with as much humor as tye and taz are capable of but it was a successful trip and I completely enjoyed myself: worked hard, ate as little phillipeano food as possible (staying Solly sustained by mom's protein bars, THANKS MOM), swam in rivers and oceans alike ( my hair was never dry the whole trip, between swimming and sweat from the heat), went to family home evening at a members house that had 12 kids in a house no bigger than the newly converted crib closet in the basement of our house ( talk about a humbling experience, but they were the happiest people with some of the strongest testimonies I had seen over there), went to church, built permanent out houses, as for some reason the communities have basketball courts over there before they have a bathroom, repainted a hospital, went to a medical clinic with 1,000 patients waiting for us 50 volunteers ( overwhelming but an amazing experience, I helped run the pharmacy filling the prescriptions after deciphering the philipeano dr's handwriting, all while they were pulling teeth to my left, performing circumcisions behind me, and playing duck duck goose with all the little kids where ever they could find room in the gym amid all the lines of waiting sick phillipeano's) oh did I mention that in the Phillipeans they do circumcisions when the boys are 8-12 years old?!?!?!?!? yeah that was fun to watch:~That about sums it up. I will try to attach some of the coolest self explanatory pics. And tye sorry this is my first time posting the blog I just hooked up my comp at my new apt. (figured it was about time, only had the rest of my stuff here two months):) love you all.

2 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

Queen!

So glad you made it home safely. Sounds like an amazing and crazy trip. I can't wait to see all of your pictures when we're all in CO for Tawn's wedding!

Love,

Nicole

Amber & Tyler said...

Very cool Queen... I"m jealous!

Tye